Thursday, August 5, 2010

Kamryn's First Solo Trip to the Mall

I haven't had internet for over a week and before that I was on vacation and before that I was hanging out with mom and Bunk in the hospital and before that....well you get the picture.

Anyways, one day a few weeks ago Kam asked if she could go to the mall with the two girls down the street.  I wracked my brain trying to think of what kind of trouble could she get herself into.  As you know, girls are so different from boys.  When it was the boys asking to do something with friends my brain jumped to more boy things....like catching things on fire or something involving fireworks like Spuds here.  But as she is the first girl we have, I innocently gave her $20 and told her to have fun.

Oh stupid me!

A few hours later, my innocent little 11 year old Kamryn came strutting through the front door carrying a cute little pink bag from Victoria Secret.    I literally felt the earth hesitate in its rotation.  This image is permanently burned into my brain.

Me: Kamryn, what on earth did you buy from Victoria Secret?!?

Kam: A bottle of body spray, it was on clearance for $2.

Ok, I can live with that.

Me: What else did you get?

Kam: Lip gloss and lunch.

Me: Are you wearing makeup?

Kam (with an eyeroll): Just a little big.

Me: Did you brush your hair this morning?

Kam: No

( my 11 year old is still in there)

Me: You know wearing makeup kind of losses something when you are sporting a big rats nest in your hair?

Kam: Mmmooommm!!

So she took her new treasures to her room and I plopped down at the kitchen table trying really hard to think of what other stores I forgot were at the mall that she may have browsed through.

I can tell you that I am not ready for this.  I don't have the energy to survive another teen, especially of the female variety, and this is only the beginning!

No comments: