Thursday, September 20, 2007

One Proud Mama...

Brytt came home from school at the end of the 1st week saying that she was going to join girls track. She turned in all her paperwork and started practice. Everyday that first week she came home and told me she was done...she was not going back. Then the next morning she would wake up telling us she needed her water bottle she was going to track lol. We are so amazed and so proud of her. I never in my wildest dreams ever thought she would do something like this. Remember...this is the little girl that doctors said would never walk or talk and maybe we should consider turning off life support! The first few weeks I would sit and watch practice and just cry. The first meet was so cool. She looked so grown up in her purple 'pride suit' as she calls it. That first meet she on her jumps she would jump so soon that she barely made into the sand. Now that we have been doing it for awhile she has really improved. She is so proud of herself (as she should be). These pictures are from the first meet. The 2nd two are her with one of the interpreters. She was just so, so very happy and I love those pictures because you can just see the excitement all over her face!




7 comments:

Ramie :-) said...

Now if that isn't the COOLEST thing I've seen all week! How sweet Tracy. She DOES look happy....and her happiness is contagious. Awesome awesome awesome! So happy for her! and for you!

Brook said...

I know you have got to be bursting at the seams with pride! How beautiful she looks. She is beaming with joy!

Cricket said...

That is sooooo fantastic Tracy!! I'm so happy for you and Brytt!!

Smiles,

Diana said...

Wow, this is so fabulous! I am happy for your family! You should be so proud!

Dawn T. Heath said...

Tracy,

That is just so awesome!! I have tears of joy running down my cheeks as I write this. What an awesome accomplishment!!!

Dawn

Kristie W. said...

That is so AWESOME! So glad she is enjoying it. Love the pics!

Unknown said...

Yippee! Great job, Britt. Love the photo of her double high 5s as she's looking at the camera smiling that great smile!